‘The vehicle’ – The VW California Ocean Campervan
‘This agreement’ – Long Valley Campers hire terms & conditions
‘The hirer/customer’ – The person/s signing this agreement
‘Security deposit’ – Sum held as deposit to cover the cost of any liabilities
Long Valley Campers Ltd hire the vehicle to the customer subject to this agreement and terms and conditions contained herein. In signing the customer confirms that they will comply with the terms of this agreement.
The customer must not transfer, assign, or sublet the benefit of the agreement, or claim in any circumstance to own the vehicle or to have rights over it beyond those conferred by this agreement. Long Valley Campers Ltd permit the customer to use the vehicle only upon the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Booking and Payment
At the time of booking a 25% non-refundable deposit is payable. Payments can be made by debit or credit card. The balance of the hire charge is due 42 days (6 weeks) before the first day of hire.
Before customers can depart with the vehicle they must review and sign the rental agreement. In signing the rental agreement customers accept the conditions set out in this document.
All drivers must:
- Be aged between 25 and 70
- Have held a full UK or EU driving licence for a minimum of 2 years
- Have not had their licence suspended for any period within the last 3 years
- Have not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last 3 years
- Have no more than 2 convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
- Driver Licence and Identification required
Prior to collection of the vehicle, customers must present:
- A valid UK or EU driving licence
- 2 utility bills providing proof of address dated within 3 months of the hire date
- Security Deposit
Prior to collection of the vehicle, customers must have authrised £750 security deposit. We ask that you authorise this amount, it WILL NOT be physically taken from your account and covers;
- Damage, whether negligent, wilful, accidental or otherwise to the van or it’s fixtures and fittings
- Any penalty charges incurred during the period of the vehicle hire (parking tickets, speeding fines, toll road charges etc.)
- Late return fee
- Fuel refill charge
- Return by post of any left items
- Valeting fee
- Lost keys
The customer must irrevocably authorise Long Valley Campers Ltd to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due by the customer arising out of this agreement.
The security deposit will be released providing the vehicle is returned and the following conditions met;
- On time
- To the correct location
- With a clean interior
- A full tank of fuel
- All fixtures and fittings in good clean and working condition.
Long Valley Campers Ltd reserve the right to retain part of the security deposit for the following;
- A late return charge of £50.00 per hour if the van is returned after the agreed drop off time.
- A fuel refill charge covering the cost of fuel to refill the tank and a £20.00 collection fee.
- A £100.00 valeting fee if the vehicle is not returned in a clean and tidy condition.
All transactions under this agreement are conducted in pounds sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against the customer’s payment card and the amount refunded. The customer agrees to release Long Valley Campervans Ltd from any liability for such variance.
- Long Valley Campers Ltd – Our responsibilities
Long Valley Campers Ltd are responsible for;
- Ensuring the vehicle is correctly maintained, roadworthy and in good order at the start of the hirer period.
- Ensuring the customer is provided with information and training on how to use the vehicle and features safely prior to departure.
- Ensuring the vehicle is fully insured and compliant.
- The provision of fully comprehensive breakdown cover
- Customer responsibilities
The customer is responsible for;
- Driving the vehicle in a careful and considerate manner in accordance with the law.
- Any damage to the vehicle, or its fixtures and fittings, during the hire period.
- Ensuring the vehicle is filled with the correct fuel.
- Lost or damaged keys.
- Following all health and safety guidelines when operating the vehicle or using the fixtures and fittings.
- Supplying, fitting and using baby or child booster seats when necessary.
- Informing Long Valley Campervans Ltd of any accidents or breakdowns as soon as is reasonable and safe to do so.
- Returning the vehicle at the agreed time.
7. Customer responsibilities (continued)
The customer must not;
- Allow the vehicle to be driven by anyone other than named drivers
- Carry more than 4 persons in the vehicle
- Take the vehicle abroad without permission
- Take the vehicle to festival events
- Use the vehicle ‘off road’
- Tow other vehicles
- Overload the vehicle or load insecurely
- Drive when under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Take animals in the vehicle, unless you have booked a pet friendly vehicle
- Smoke in the vehicle
- Use the vehicle for hire or reward
In the event of an accident, the customer must:
- Notify Long Valley Campers Ltd as soon as reasonably possible
- Obtain the names and addresses of any third parties and witnesses
- Note the registration number, insurance details of any third party
- Take photographs of any relevant evidence where possible
- Make no admission of liability or offer settlement payments to other parties
- Assist Long Valley Campers Ltd in handling any arising claim
- Agree to indemnify Long Valley Campers Ltd if any third party suffers death, personal injury or damage to property caused by use of the vehicle that involves a breach by any driver, of any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, or the terms of Long Valley Campers Ltd insurance policy
Should the vehicle breakdown, the customer must:
- Not attempt to carry out their own repairs
- Call the correct breakdown service
- Notify Long Valley Campers Ltd as soon as is reasonable and safe to do so.
Long Valley Campers Ltd do not accept liability for any costs arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause, such as replacement vehicle costs or accommodation costs.
Long Valley Campers Ltd will endeavour to offer a suitable replacement vehicle or refund lost hire days. Customers are advised to take out their own travel and personal effects insurance.
- Cancellations and refunds
The 25% booking deposit is non-refundable.
If the customer fails to pay the full cost of the booking 42 days prior to hire, then the booking will be cancelled and any booking deposit paid will be retained.
Once a booking has been confirmed, the hirer is liable for the whole cost of the holiday. Cancellation and curtailment protection insurance is, therefore, advised. A comprehensive insurance policy is available to purchase with your booking through our partners at Booking Protect.
If the customer fails to collect their vehicle on the agreed date and within the agreed time period, it will be assumed that the customer has cancelled their booking and no refunds will be made. In the event of the customer cancelling the booking, booking deposits are not transferable to alternative hire dates.
If the customer is unable to produce the required documentation at the time of vehicle collection preventing the vehicle hire from proceeding, the cancellation policy will be enforced.
In the event that the hire vehicle is unavailable for reasons beyond the control of Long Valley Campers Ltd, such as the vehicle has been damaged in an accident or is undergoing mechanical repairs, then Long Valley Campers Ltd will endeavour to find a replacement option, offer alternative hire dates, or provide a full refund. Long Valley Campers Ltd do not accept responsibility or pay any compensation for any additional losses beyond the hire cost.
- Terminating the agreement
The customer acknowledges that Long Valley Campers Ltd may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to the customer, and that the customer will pay any reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle in the event that;
- They are in breach of any term of this agreement
- They have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed date
- Long Valley Campers Ltd considers, on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is endangered
- Onsite parking for personal vehicles
Parking for your vehicle at Long Valley Campers Ltd’s premises is available during the hire period, however Long Valley Campers Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage caused to your vehicle during this time. The customer is responsible for ensuring that their vehicle is appropriately insured.
As part of the booking process, Long Valley Campers Ltd will collect personal information including not linited to your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
This information is necessary for booking and insurance purposes. None of this information will be shared with any third parties (other than Long Valley Campers Ltd’s insurance company if requested). Payment details are processed through our secure online payment system.
- Head office: Long Valley Yurts, Middleshaw Head, Middleshaw, Old Hutton. Cumbria. LA8 OLZ
- Head Office Telephone: +44 (0)1539 267030
- e-mail: email@example.com